Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I fell off the wagon.

I have fallen off the wagon, I couldn't take it anymore. My name is Emily and I'm a Diet Pepsi-aholic. I have given it up several times in my life, during pregnancy, and the month or two after Icie's birth. I had been Diet Pepsi free since November until about 1o minutes ago, so sad. I'm weak. We had one left in the fridge from company we had over the holidays. I have been tasting it in my mouth for a week, but I resisted. I resisted but I couldn't bring myself to throw it out, it made me feel better just seeing it when I opened the fridge door. Icie went to bed and I was just sitting here, and it was taunting me from the kitchen. I sat here browsing blogs and sipping a cool one, I jumped when the phone rang. I put down the plastic bottle as though the person on the other end could see me and was already shaming me in my failure. It was a telemarketing recording, I went back to slowly sipping my caramel colored goodness in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it.