Thursday, February 18, 2010

Here You Go.

I have not had a face to face conversation with anyone since yesterday morning over the age of 15 months old. My husband left for a quick trip and will be back this afternoon. I still know no one here, and I have talked to my mom on the phone, but phone conversations aren't the same. Everything with Icie this past week is "here you go". I never realized how much I say it to her until she started saying it back to me, and it's all she says.
We sit in the living room and she brings me one toy after another, drops it in my lap, says "here you go" and then takes off for the next toy. She jabbers tons in between trips, does little dances, claps, attempts somersaults, and then heads back to me again. She has a plan with each trip, it always seems so deliberate. I just can't figure out the plan, and I'm not sure I want to. I just delight in waiting for my next delivery and "here you go".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it.