Monday, April 26, 2010

3



My husband and I met online, don't tell anyone. I was working at a boring job,and looking to get back on the market. I never would have guessed that what started as something to ease me back into dating and kill time at the above mentioned boring job would have turned into the best decision I have ever made.
Dave and I used to kind of gloss over how we met, we were both a little embarrassed by it I think. We'd murmur something about meeting through friends, and beginning as email and phone pals. It wasn't a complete stretch, we just glossed over how the introduction actually took place.
I was bored and browsing profiles. Something about Dave's smile stopped me. I read his page and he called himself his own hero. I sent a one line smart ass message making fun of the fact that he thought he was his own hero. I never expected a response. I got one less than two minutes later, and the rest is history.
We emailed and talked on the phone for a few weeks before our first date. After we actually met in person, I knew it was all over. I was hooked.
I'm so happy to say that after 5 years together and 3 years of marriage I'm still hooked. I could not ask for a better partner and a more awesome father for my child.
I thought about sharing one of the early emails we sent back and forth, but it seemed like from the beginning we had our language and I fear that any of the emails would be horribly misinterpreted. Instead I'll share my favorite picture of Dave from those early days. I used to just stare at it and smile. I still smile when I see it, I just love him so much.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a sweet story. It's never too late to congratulate someone on finding their love, right? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Two of my best friends met online: through World of Warcraft no less! I technically take responsibility (I know my husband never would, though) since we introduced him to the game and the group of players she was in. Ahhhh, the age of the internet :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.