Friday, April 16, 2010

Food Fun Friday -Brinner


I was in the mood for something sweet tonight. I needed sugar. I decided we were going to have Brinner. I just got a new cookbook that has a whole chapter on French Toast. It's one of "The Hungry Girl" cookbooks. These cookbooks are great because they give you a ton of healthy substitutes to create you favorite dishes. I didn't follow one particular recipe for French Toast. I decided to mix and match. I used a lite hot dog bun to make a loaded peanut butter and banana French Toast sandwich. It was delicious and the whole thing was less than 350 calories. It was just what I needed to satisfy my sweet tooth. I had an egg over easy and one slice of turkey bacon to round out my meal. I had budgeted my calories to have four slices of turkey bacon, but it tasted like ass. Bacon just isn't bacon unless it comes from the hog. My entire meal with a little dollop of lite Cool Whip for my French Toast came to about 500 calories. Check out The Hungry Girl website for great ideas and tips for low calorie dishes, http://www.hungry-girl.com/. I also use http://www.fitday.com/ to track my calories. Fitday is awesome, you can find the calorie content for just about anything and with a free account you can create a personal log. I use my log to track my calories daily and to try to stick to my goals. There is also an exercise log and a goal log to track your progress. It is an awesome, awesome tool and it's FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it.