Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Fate has dealt me a crappy hand in the biological father category.  I know what you are going to say, oh boo friggin who another 30 year old woman with "daddy issues" and really it's quite the opposite.  Fate dealt me that crappy hand early on only to make up for it a few short years later with hand that most girls could only dream.  I am extremely lucky to have a wonderful dad.  My mom met and married the best dad a girl could ask for.  He supports us all in a quiet, constant way that often makes him the unsung hero of the family.  He's hard to read sometimes and extremely silly at others.  My views on all the most controversial and personal aspects of life, politics and religion, are shaped by his example.  I am utterly grateful for my dad, and Icie's Papa.

Icie and her Papa spring 2009

I'm also extremely grateful on this Father's Day for my husband.  I am grateful that Icie will have the same sentiments for her dad that I have for mine.   I am in awe when I watch their relationship grow.  I have a twinge of jealousy hit me from time to time when I see the way she looks at him.   My husband was made for this job, the father of a daughter.  It takes a special man to raise a daughter and I am blessed to have two great examples in my life. 

Icie and her Daddy yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it.