Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Scoots and Shoes

It's only Wednesday and I feel like this week has already seriously kicked my ass.  Sunday night a low grade fever came to town for Miss Icie and general miserableness hitched a ride.  I think it all stems from some serious new teeth action happening, no matter what the pediatrician says.  It seem she always gets like this when more than one tooth pops up at a time.  Low fever, crankiness, and a mild case of the back door scoots can't be explained any other way. 
Monday we totally bummed around all day.  Miss Thing wore scrubby clothes in case of a blow out and no pictures were taken.  I'm pretty sure they all would have looked kind of pitiful.  I actually felt a little needed by my Miss Independent.  She clung to me for minutes at a time, actually full on snuggled.  I usually get a power squeeze and a sloppy cheek kiss and she's back to her business.  My heart breaks when she's sick but I tried to soak in those snuggles since they are few and far between nowadays. 
We actually left the house today for more than 30 minutes.  I went to Big Lots to check out the Paula Dean cookware buyout.  I was less than impressed with the supposed discount prices and walked away empty handed.  No worries though my subsequent Target stop more than made up for my lack of spending at Big Lots.  I picked up a few necessities and few non-essentials.  Among my non-essentials, these shoes:



I know they look a little old ladyish, but my feet feel delicious. I've had my eye on them since Jessica from What I Wore wore them a few weeks back.  They are the perfect summer slip on, a classic nautical feel that I love.  She wore them again recently and when I saw them today at Target I couldn't resist them any longer.

3 comments:

  1. Those shoes are ADORABLE and a must-have! target, you say? They're on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target, and under $20 can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Target today, saw them, but dangit!, they didn't have my size. Poo on that!

    Hey, I can't seem to find your email address on your profile. Can you email me lacey00@bellsouth.net

    I've been replying to your comments all this while and not realizing that I've been sending them to the noreply@blogger.com email. I think there is a way to set up your email account in blogger so people can respond to your comments straight to your email.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.