Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes!


After our Knoxville excursion and one more full day in the car we had finally reached our destination. We all got some rest and two days of sun and fun.  One day in my sister-in-law's amazing pool and another day at the beach in Tampa.  I really really wish we had more time to just enjoy the beach, but the drive really sucks into our time in the Sunshine State.  One thing we decided after this whole trip was that driving will not happen again until Icie is much much older. 
Friday was the day we (especially me ) were all waiting for!  The Magic Kingdom awaited.  I tried to psych Icie up all week about Disney.  She had no idea what I was talking about.  I told her a million times we were going to Mickey's house.  I was so excited to be able to take her to Disney at less than two years old, knowing it will be a family tradition every time we head to Florida.  It took me eighteen years to get to Disney and it was magical.  I hope that it will always be magical for her too. 
It was hotter than the bejabbers, and by the time we reached Cinderella's castle I already looked as though I had run a marathon.  I sweat like a mad woman on a good day, and add in the Florida sun, heat, and humidity and I looked like I was melting all day long.  I felt a little less bad about when I noticed my Miami-raised husband dripping too.  
We hit the Teacups first.  Icie's first ever amusement park ride was The Teacups at Disney!  I felt a twinge of nerves as she squirmed before the ride started.  I thought I maybe ruining rides for her for the rest of life by choosing something that may induce serious puking, but there was no line.  Anyone that has ever been to Disney knows you capitalize on the no line situation. Icie looked kind of shocked when the ride started but was helping spin the wheel before the end.

Once we knew Miss Thing was a rider we rode pretty much anything that had a line that was short enough not to piss her off.  We also spent a lot of time in Toon Town.  It's the perfect spot for a toddler. Icie was able to tour Mickey and Minnie's houses.  We met Mickey and Minnie and Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.  Icie had a blast playing in a cute pirate ship area that has several different sprinklers for kids to play in. 



Icie was champ as she rode The Buzz Lightyear Ride, Dumbo, and slept through The Winnie The Pooh Ride.  It was not long after lunch and we were all sufficiently melted and tired when we decided to pack it in.  Four hours in the heat was about all that Icie could hold up for on her first Disney adventure.  We caught the parade as we made our way to the monorail.  Icie was thrilled to see Woody and Jessie from Toy Story. Toy Story has become the latest obsession in our house.  It was a great way to end the day.



I think the best part of the whole day was really getting to bond with my sister-in-law.  The whole trip was a reminder of how much her and I have in common, but the day at Disney was especially great.  We talked, we laughed, we enjoyed our kids.  We even shared our first Pixie Dusting with Icie.  I heart you Debbie! Thanks for showing us such a good time!  I really wish I had a picture of her and I with our sparkles to end this with, but by the time we were dusted I was so over pictures.  Instead I leave you with three cousins ready to hit the pool!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it.