Friday, September 24, 2010

Flashback Friday - The Originals

Flashback Friday Button

These are the only pictures I have with "The Originals" . Who are "The Originals"? Some great female singing group? No, these pictures are of the original Emily and Icie.
Emily and Icie were two of my great-grandmother's sisters. The group picture is all the sisters together, my great grandmother included. My great grandmother is second to last and Emily is last. Icie is smack dab in the middle. The house in the background is Icie's house. That styling man with the suspenders and hat overseeing the shoot is my great grandfather. I'm not going to tell you the other sisters' names because they may or may not become names for future babies. 
The solo picture is Icie.  I love her smirk.  I think she may have been sassy.  Maybe some of that sass has magically trickled down to the reigning Icie.
I called my mom last night to confirm that I had the line up in the pictures right.  I didn't, but I did have Emily and Icie right.  They are the most important after all.  I told my mom that after looking at these pictures closer I realized that I got my fivehead honestly. 

Join in the Flashback Fun over at Christopher and Tia's !
Blog button

2 comments:

  1. That smirk is fantastic. She totally knows something we don't, and I'm betting it's naughty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. you are so lucky to have these - Icie too. These are very special.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.