Friday, September 17, 2010

Flashback Friday ~ She's Beautiful Even Out of Focus, Don't Hate!

Flashback Friday Button






Every year for my sister's birthday I take pictures of her girls.  I pick my favorites and print and frame them as one of my gifts to my sister.  This picture of Lela is from April 2008.  My camera was giving me trouble and I couldn't get the focus quite right.  Everything was coming out fuzzy.  Ella was only a little over two and still hated me.  Dave and my mom were there helping me try to get smiles, but they were few and far between for Ella.
Lela, on the other hand was a constant poser and joy.  The smile never left her face and even with my out of focus shots she looked stunning.
The best part of it all was when my sister was opening the pictures on her birthday.  I was apologizing for the fuzziness of them and explaining the rough day we had taking the pictures.  My sister didn't care, she thought I had made the pictures fuzzy on purpose, a sort of artsy effect or something. 
This is still one of my favorite pictures ever of Lela.

Join in the Flashback Fun over at Christopher and Tia's !
Blog button

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful girl! And you totally should have claimed the fuzziness and intentional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has a beautiful smile.

    I get frustrated too, when my pictures turn out blurry- but sometimes it does turn out to have been the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what a cutie! Im in love with her hair!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.