Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Some Kitsch-tastic Questions Edited

So, the always awesome  Miss Megan of Kitschy Suburbia tagged me to answer some questions.  The questions could not have come at a better time. Icie is napping, the wind is whipping around outside and all my cleaning is done.  I have the latest episode of Parenthood playing OnDemand in the background and I'm enjoying the relative quiet.  So here are my answers and my thank you to Megan for giving me a little something to do with my quiet time today. 

If money wasn't an issue, what would you do (would you work, volunteer, etc)?
I would love to take on homes in a depressed area and remodel them and give them to families in need.

What was your first concert?
Well considering that I’m rounding the corner on 31 I think my answer would be the same as most gals my age, New Kids On The Block. Guess what the last concert I attended was? New Kids On The Block in the summer of 2009. A little less than 20 years after the first one I attended.

If you were granted a "last meal", what would it entail?
My last meal would be a plethora of Mexican food, as much as I could stuff in my face.

What is your biggest fear, and why?
I am terrified about my success as a mother. I just want to make sure that Icie and any future children can look back and know that they were my world. My biggest fear is that she won’t understand why I have done the things I’ve done.

What's your favorite movie, and why?
I really, really like movies that are stupid funny. I am about as deep as puddle when it comes to movies. I just want to laugh. I L-O-V-E Stepbrothers, Wedding Crashers, Old School, Four Christmases, things along those lines.

What was the best thing you ever got for Christmas?
My mom has always made Christmas great. I can’t even decide what would have been the “best” thing ever. I am about to get a little cheesy, but I really prefer to buy gifts than to get them. I get so excited to give someone their gift, it’s the best part of Christmas.

What's the meaning behind the name of your blog?
I think my blog name is pretty self explanatory. I really was just looking for something that was “mine”. I had a really hard time adjusting to being a first time mom six hours away from all my family and friends. The blog has become the missing piece in keeping me sane and grateful for my life as a wife and mom.

If you had the opportunity to know your future (with certainty), would you learn all you could or just learn as you go (and why)?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!! Life is full of surprises and I would never want to ruin that. The surprises and bumps and how you deal with them are what makes you, you. If you know the future would you really have the opportunity to become “you”? I don’t think I’d want to risk it.

EDIT
Ooops!  Damn Blogger cut off two of my questions!  Sorry here they are:

Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up for the most part in New Kensington, PA .  It 's about 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.  The Greater Pittsburgh area is home to me.  We now live in Mid-Michigan.  My husband started a new job here in May 2009 and we've been here since.  It's not Pittsburgh but it'll do.

How did you meet your significant other?
We met online.  I know it's lame, you can read more about it here.

2 comments:

  1. New Kids was my first too! Of course! I mean, what girl born in the late 70's to mid 80's didn't see them in concert as their first?! I am SO jealous that you got to see them again last year! I really wanted to see them, but no one would go with me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So with you on the movies. I'm just too tired now for anything serious. Pretty much any Vince Vaughn or Will Ferrell movie is good with me!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.