Sunday, November 7, 2010

Break or Break Up

So, I have become a little disillusioned with the blog lately.  I alternate between feeling too exposed and not exposed enough.  I feel like maybe I sensor myself too much or sometimes not quite enough.
I am the type of person that wants to please people, wants people to like me.  I have tried to not let that desire to please interfere with what should be a fun outlet for my voice.  I am failing. 
I am taking a break for a week from the blog world, maybe I'll be back, maybe I won't. 
It's not you, it's me I swear.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you come back! I like my new bloggy friend. :) But, I understand where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there for sure. I've taken breaks to try to refresh my batteries & get some perspective... usually I find coming BACK from the break is the hardest writing. Have a good break though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking the EXACT same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely a fine balance, and you have to find your own equilibrium in the honesty vs. privacy vs. pleasing vs. etc... Hope you find your voice again stronger than before :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I have been out of it lately. I just saw this and am so glad you decided to come back. I would have missed you and Icie!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.