Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Left The Party...

 I follow a lot of blogs.  Some of the blogs I follow are must reads, some are skims everyday and then a catch up at the end of the week to make sure I didn't miss anything,  and some I honestly just look at the pictures.  That being said each blog I follow, I follow for a reason.  Recently I noticed that a lot of the mommy bloggers that I enjoy and admire followed a particular blog.  I skimmed it and kind of felt a little meh towards it.  I felt there was something a bit fake about this particular blogger, but I couldn't put my finger on it.  I felt bad about the judgement and thought maybe there was something I was missing.  I clicked follow on my Google Friend Connect against my instinct.  I continued to feel kind of meh towards the blog. 
I felt meh but I wasn't offended by anything.  I left the blog in my reader and continued to hope that maybe something would click and I'd understand what everyone thought was so appealing about this blogger. 
This week I was offended.  I was offended and even more offended that  a ton of people weren't offended by what I thought was so offensive according to the comment section. 
 I will never allow my instincts to be overridden by non-existent blog peer pressure again.  I guess I'm a little like Caroline Manzo, I don't like you before I like you.   If I don't like you I will never like you and I won't post fake happy ass comments on your blog just to be in with the cool crowd. 
So today I followed my initial instinct and backed slowly out of the party, before I turned and ran full force to my car.  

3 comments:

  1. ummmm I wanna know deets lol msg me

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not me is it? i hope not...but now i'm super curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you talking about who I think you're talking about?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.