Friday, March 11, 2011

Flashback Friday ~ One More Time For Papa

While we were at my parents' house last week I sorted through old pictures.  I took a stack home with me to scan.  There's still a few days left in my dad's birthday week, so we're sticking with the theme for Flashback Friday this week. 

This is me and my dad on his thirtieth birthday. I thought this would be a good picture to share this week since I'll only be thirty for a few more weeks. 


This second picture is me I think on or around my sixth birthday.  This was the first birthday that my dad was in my life for, and I so wanted him to like me that I asked for a Pirates hat and a basketball.  The Pirates hat was also to impress a boy in my class at school.  I wanted something to talk to him about on the playground.  


Go check out more Flashback fun at Christopher and Tia's. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! I remember my dad's 30th birthday too. And how cute are you with the suspenders and hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool pics * it's always fun to rummage thru old shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a big stack of old pics too. I really need to get those scanned.

    You are so cute in your suspenders. I'm trying to figure out what's on your shirt though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are/were/still is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my parents' 30th birthday, too! Love that pic (and the story) of you in the Padres hat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my Dads 30th birthday SO well. He'll be 50 in about a week, which is kind of heartbreaking, because it means hes getting old and that sucks, but-

    anyways!

    This post was sweet.
    And now I want cake.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.