Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Papa!



We road tripped last week to Pittsburgh.  We had some business to attend to,  a rug to deliver, a couple of birthdays to celebrate, and some friends to visit.  We used Saturday for a joint birthday celebration for my dad and I.  My dad started painting a year or so ago, and we have all been promised and/or given a custom painting from his collection.  I had the pleasure of receiving the first in his collection to include color.  I am the proud owner of  "Pennschigan"  a transitional piece in the "Shecky" (I may have the spelling of shecky wrong?) series. Sheckies are usually a black figure on a solid colored background.Never before has there been color on the black figure. I'm beyond honored. Pennschigan sits proudly in my loft office.  I smile every time I pass it.  Life is never boring in our family and that's largely because of  the stuff that my dad comes up with.  You never know what's going to come out of his mouth or what he's going to surprise you with next. 
Happy Birthday Papa!  We love you and appreciate you more than you could ever know. 

This is Icie mid "PAPA!"  I told her we needed a birthday picture for Papa and I snapped just as she said Papa.  Now if we could only get her to stop playing shy and covering her eyes when he talks to her.

2 comments:

  1. How cool to have an original piece of art from your dad! Happy birthday, Papa.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.