Sunday, April 10, 2011

War

There’s been a serious lack in writing around this blog lately. I’ve been lazy blogging, taking pictures, editing pictures, and slapping up a few boring lines. I have an excuse, really I do.


I’m finding it really, really hard not to be a Debbie Downer. I really don’t want to bog this blog down with my funk. It’s easier to post a picture. Most of the pictures don’t show what’s really going on around here.

I am a natural worrier. I worry about everything and everyone. Worry and the terrible twos are seriously kicking my ass right now.

I feel as though God is messing with me. He’s looking at me and laughing. I’m sure he’s testing me and giving me a bit of payback. I have a vision of him enjoying every tantrum and defeat I’ve had in this parenting game recently. I think he’s all, “How about that? How’s that working for you? Bet you wish you could take back every judgmental, snarky comment about parenting skills, and every bitchy eye roll right about now, huh?”

Rationally I know a lot of these things are normal. Rationally I know God is not smiting me (I think). Rationally I know we are making progress, but it’s easy to get caught up in the negative. It’s easy to want to meltdown right there with my two and half year old. It’s easy to let the terrible twos defeat me.

I will not let the terrible twos defeat me. The little person “napping” in her room right now wants a war, I’ll give her war. I’ll give her a war in the most appropriate parenting style war that I can. She doesn’t know stubborn yet. I got no plans for the next fifteen and a half years, it’s on.

3 comments:

  1. Just hold out, it'll pass. Or so I hear. My friend's kid (who is like the community child, I swear) turned into a total asshole the second he was 2. You know it's for real when someone uses the term asshole for a child. Seriously. And a little less than a year later he's a delight again.

    You can do this! I know you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let it get you down! Don't let her push you over the edge, or give into her 2 year old whims. Now is the time where rules and limits will be learned and if you stick to your guns, and you all make it out alive, future years will be easier (in comparision, at least). My son is 2 and 3/4, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on - I PROMISE it'll get better. My BFF always warned me that 3 is worse than 2...and I don't mean to scare you, but it was the truth. But now that he's almost 5, it's gotten a little better. Hang in there. You gotta get through the bad stuff to better appreciate the good. Or at least that's what people tell me. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.