Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Edit Me

I am super excited about this link up!  Ashley  posted about this challenge today.  This is right up my alley.  I enjoy editing pictures, and have been working on a stack of pictures I've scanned lately.  This challenge takes you out of the photographer role and lets you completely focus on the edit.  A picture is supplied in SOOC (straight out of camera) form and you give it your magic editing touch. 

Here's the picture for this week.


And here's my edit.


I used Picnik.com to do my edits.  I added a vignette and notched the vibrancy up to ninety-eight percent.  I also added a texture layer that looked like yellowed paper.  Once the texture was added I hit the photo with one final layer of vignette and vibrancy.  

Check out how other people edited this photo at My Reflection of Something.
My Reflection of Something

12 comments:

  1. Love the vibrant colors in your edit. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your edit! The texture layer gives it the look of a painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I really like your edit - it reminds me of a post card (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This thumbnail totally jumped out at me. I love how this has almost a storybook feel to it! I kind of expect something from Where the Wild Things Are to come peeking through the trees;-) Loving the creativity and so glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo beautiful! Love the grudge texture look! Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how rich the colors look. Really cool challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! What a creative link up idea!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.