Friday, June 17, 2011

Flashback Friday ~ Mice are A@*holes


One year in the early nineties we hit Cape Cod for vacation.  It kind of sucked.  We stayed in a cottage owned by family members.  The water was still cold, and I remember being super bored.  The one memory that sticks out as the redeeming factor of the trip was a moment when my brother stepped up to be the man.  I'm not sure how old he was or what year this was exactly but clearly from the picture he was in toddler/preschooler age range.  
My dad had stepped out one morning and my sister, mom, brother and I were waiting for him to return. A mouse started scurrying around the kitchen of the cottage.  It totally acted like it owned the place.  My mom, sister, and I let out shrieks.  My brother stood up and took a few steps towards the kitchen and boldly proclaimed, "Get out of here ASSHOLE!!!!!"  
We were all protected and put to shame by a toddler. 
Please be sure to stop by and check out more Flashback Friday's at Christopher and Tia's.  This week is the last time Tia will host the link up, but no fears because it looks as though one of my favorite bloggers, Lauren will be taking over.  I'm sad to see Tia pass the torch, but I will say that the send out video she posted warmed my heart and she seemed super happy with her decision.  Thanks for all the fun Tia!


Oh and P.S. How much did my perm rock?

5 comments:

  1. sorry to say the perm is not as cool as Mandy's jumper haha
    I love "get out of here asshole" funniest thing I heard (read) all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily this is an awesome picture/story combo! Love brother stepping up and putting it down. Love your sister's jumper, because those were a staple in my wardrobe too. And I love your perm so much I could marry it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahaha! "Get out of her ASSHOLE!" Oh my gosh, I love it so much. This is why I can't check your blog til after work, it makes me laugh too loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Bwahahahahahaha! I love it. Don't you love how kids can totally come up with the exact right thing to say?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.