Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Edit Me Week 11

Today's picture is courtesy of Beth at Our Typical Life.  A very simple picture of her daughter Lauren, that I would have maybe just added a vignette border to and left alone, but what fun would that be?  I decided to get a little more artsy with this one. 

Here's the original.
Here's my edit.

I adjusted the coloring a bit using the cross process function on Picnik.com.  I added a vignette border, the brick texture and finally headed over to the Christmas section and added the star texture on top of it all.  This was a great picture to get a little creative with, the simplicity of the original really let me have fun with the texture layers. 
Head on over to Branson's blog to check out more fun edits.
My Reflection of Something

5 comments:

  1. I really like the brick texture. What a fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this - it looks like a poster or a painting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like she's been painted onto the wall! NEAT EDIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should start checking Picnick... I have been seeing very cool edits using it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool creative edit! Looks like a painted mural! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.