Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Edit Me ~ Week 8

This week's picture is provided by Jen at Mama Schell Says.   I immediately wanted to put the focus on the horses and make everything seem a little old timey. Here's the original.

Here's my edit.

I used Picnik.com for all my edits as always. First, I cropped it just a smidge, added a vignette border,and went sepia. Then to finish it off I softened everything but the horses and added a texture layer.  I'm a bit addicted to adding the texture layers lately, but this picture really screamed to me that it needed texture. 
Head on over to Branson's blog to check out more great edits!
My Reflection of Something

9 comments:

  1. The photo looks great! I love picnik, I use it too for my pics - but seems like you are doing more / know more. What is texture layer and where to do I find it? (yes, I have the premium member package).

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the focus on the horses! Great edit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another win! I love the antiqued finish and the texture makes the photo look like it's on old paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the edit! I did a texture, too, but I wasn't aware Picnik had them, that's why I did it in Photoscape, I guess I'll have to take a look into that! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that you put the focus on the horses. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your soft, sepia edit. That's what I was going for, but didn't achieve.

    And I am always addicted to textures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you softened the edges. Gives it a dreamy quality that fits the edit! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.