Friday, July 22, 2011

Flashback Friday ~ What Would Have Been.


My mom always speaks of her dad with such love.  My heart aches because I never knew him.  He passed away before I was born.  I have always loved this picture of him.  I think there's just something about it that makes me think he was a smooth cat. 
I've had several dreams about him, and I always wake up wishing that I could have kept the dreams going longer.  I squeeze my eyes tightly and silently wish that I can pick up where I left off in my dreams.  Every dream always ends with him telling me he's watching over me and he gives me a pat on my head. 
The pat on my head always kills me. I usually wake up crying or super emotional missing a grandpa I never knew.  It's so weird to feel such a connection to someone who was gone before I ever arrived.  Sometimes I just look at this picture and imagine what life would have been like with him around.

Check out more Flashbacks with Lauren at Heya Sparky.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I have a grandpa that I didn't know very well because he died when I was about 3 - I miss him. All you can do is hold on to those dreams and hope they don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture! He does look like a smooth cat :) So sad that you never met him, but it's great that your mother can speak of him with love. That's a blessing in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at old photos. This is a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, very sweet! I did get to know only one Grandmother. Sadly I never dreamed of the other ones but was afraid of old men as young child (I knew women get old, but men?!)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.