Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Edit Me Week 14

I've missed a few weeks of Edit Me challenges, and I'm happy to dive back in this week.  Summer is winding down.  Dave's classes start up soon and while Dave is teaching I will be taking one class myself this semester at the local community college.  We've been trying to just enjoy ourselves in the meantime.  I'm hoping to get back on a better blogging schedule soon, complete with some actual writing.  I've had several posts swimming around in my head. 

Here's this week's original picture.


Here's my edit.

As always all my edits were done using Picnik.com.  I rotated the picture a smidge to really make it seem as though the boat was coming at me.  I notched up the vibrancy, then ran the cross process feature at thirty-seven percent.  My last step was throwing on a texture layer, because I couldn't resist. 

Check out more cool edits over at Branson's blog.
My Reflection of Something

8 comments:

  1. I like the texture overlay - makes it look more...rustic. And the way you angled the boat makes it look like it's sailing on some rough seas! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the texture really is nice. and great color mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great perspective and texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the angle and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool edit! Great angle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vibrancy of your edit! So glad you enjoyed getting creative with this one! What class will you be taking this semester?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.