Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Edit Me ~ Week 16

This week's original picture comes from Stephanie at Behind the Camera and Dreaming.

Here's the original.


Here's my edit.



All my edits were done using Picnik.com. First, I adjusted the color on the dress in order to make the cute pattern a little more visible.  Then I used the black and white feature to soften most of the background without losing all of the color.  My last two steps were to add the vignette border and then run the cross process feature at forty percent.  

Check out more cool edits of this cute picture over at Branson's blog.
My Reflection of Something

9 comments:

  1. love how your edit brings out the subtle pattern in her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I noticed before I read your explaination was how her dress popped! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your edit.. I'm officially following ya per the "edit me" hop today.. Loving your blog.. Hope you can stop by sometime and check out my blog.. TY So much.. Have a great week.Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you brought out the detail on her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the detail in the sand at her feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intensifying the color pattern in the dress was a great idea! It works well with the more intense colors you've added to the whole image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way your brought out the sweet pattern in the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. its almost like selective coloring such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how the vignette brings even more attention to the sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.