Friday, October 28, 2011

Flashback Friday ~ Email Edition


Six years ago at this time Dave and I still had a strictly email and phone relationship.  The phone calls and emails had been going on for almost a month.  I had a super boring job and lots of time on my hands so emails went back and forth all day long. 

On October 28, 2005 we were preparing for our first date later that night. 

Here's what Dave had to say:

Date: Friday, October 28, 2005, 2:54 PM


I really today's blog; could I be that vain. Nah, I just loved your giddiness; your unparalleled and unbridled enthusiasm. Not sensible shoes tonight; a boy can only dream. I bought a new wardrobe for tonight; like a girl. I just wanted to go shopping after I got gas and went crazy at the Old Navy.

Dave
Uggghh,  the blog he's referring to is my MySpace blog.  Cheesy right?  Even cheesier,  we met on MySpace, double ugghhhh.
This is the email I opened when I got to work the following morning. 
Date: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 2:18 AM


Good morning beautiful; glad you didn't run away tonight. I had a great time; we'll enjoy shopping tomorrow. Nice coat and pretty good kisser; enjoy the book. Look up Christopher Hutching, Garrison Keillor, and Pat Conroy.

Talk tomorrow;

Dave

Email me in the morning--can't have a morning with no Em

Nite beautiful.

It's funny because I read these now, and I don't recognize the people that wrote them.  I KNOW him now, he KNOWS me.  We are a team.  We have grown together in a way that I cannot even explain.  I never thought it was possible before that night.   
So six years later,  I still smile when I think of my best and last first date.   It's just a smile that is different.  I remember who we were and I am proud of who we've become together.   Thank you, best friend.  I L-O-V-E you most. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing - this really warmed my heart <3

    So romantic, that Dave!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.