Monday, January 2, 2012

Maternity Monday ~ 31 weeks




via thebump.com





How far along:  31 weeks
Gender:  Another girl for us, pink prevails!
Pregnancy Symptoms:  Lots of hip pain and a few Braxton Hicks contractions in the evenings. 
Maternity Clothes:  All day, everyday.
Movement:  I was wearing a shirt with a snowman on it to my last doctor’s appointment and Miss Annie had tons of fun making the snowman dance.
Best Moment of the Week:   Finding out that I could and am handling this whole gestational diabetes thing.  My doctor was very impressed with my food log and my blood sugar numbers for the week were near perfect.
Food Cravings:  I so badly wanted my mom’s pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that she makes every Christmas, but they aren’t in the cards for me.  Food is just not any fun anymore.
Weight Gain:   I’ve gained about 3 pound since my last post.  I’ve gained all eleven pounds back that I lost during the first trimester plus three.  I’m at 14 pounds total.  I’m going to try to keep this all under 20 if I can. 
Days until Due Date:  63
What’s Happening This Week via Babycenter.com
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy


Here's a picture of Icie today, because who doesn't love to dress up as a tiger on a cold winter day and roar.


3 comments:

  1. This is going by so fast...but then again, I'm not the one who's pregnant! Good for you on keeping up with your diabetes and I am super impressed you have kept your weight gain so minimal. Icie is rockin' that tiger suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 31 weeks! And I love Icie's tiger costume!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.