Monday, February 13, 2012

Maternity Monday ~ 37 Weeks and Only 2 to go!!!

How far along:  37 weeks (FULL TERM)!!!

Gender:  Another girl for us, pink prevails!
Pregnancy Symptoms:  Sleeping hands and feet, achy hips, morning sickness, and the mask of pregnancy rash across my face.
Maternity Clothes:  All day every day, that is if I even make it to “real” pants and not yoga pants.
Movement:  A lot of movement right after meals and at night time, her kicks are downright painful now.
Best Moment of the Week:   My best moment this week was brought on my some pretty crappy moments.  I physically feel horrible.  I can’t keep any food down.  I’ve had some contractions that have taken my breath away, but it’s all very sporadic.  Dave took the reins this weekend and really held things together and let me get the rest that I so desperately needed.  He took Icie out and about yesterday morning and they brought me back Ali Wentworth’s new book, made me a Valentine card, and my “real” Valentines gift was presented to me a smidge early when it arrived on Saturday in the mail.  Dave picked out some really great items from MAC and I cannot wait to give it a whirl. 
Food Cravings:  I want chocolate, but it’s kind of a no go with the whole diabetes thing. 
Weight Gain:   I’m up two pounds bringing me back to 14 pounds total weight gain.
Days until Due Date:  21   14
What’s Happening This Week via Babycenter.com
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat C-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.




I just got back from my 37 week appointment.   There were some scheduling mix ups and back ups.  I was scheduled to see one of the doctors, but I ended up with the midwife instead.   This has happened more often than not for my appointments.  I have seen some of the doctors, but I have seen the midwife more often than not.  
I really like her.  I never thought I'd be a midwife patient.  I actually checked the "no" box  on the questionnaire I filled out at the beginning of my pregnancy asking if I wanted a midwife.  
Today I became an official "midwife" patient.   I am so excited to know who will be there to guide me through this delivery.  I can still keep all my original birth plan preferences and I get to chit chat with a person I really have come to like throughout my labor and delivery. 
I am also officially scheduled to be induced on February 27th at 11 AM!!!!!!   So the title to this post is not a typo at all.   I'll have one more office visit that will include a non stress test, an ultrasound, and an exam by the midwife  then it's off to the hospital.  
During the ultrasound today the tech informed Annie has some hair.  I'm so glad to see that she doesn't seem to have my hair and is leaning more towards Dave just like Icie.  I had no hair until I was well into to my toddler years.  Icie has such beautiful hair,  I had hoped Annie would follow suit.  
We also have made a decision and slight change to Annie's name.   While she'll always be known to us as Annie,  her full name is going to be Antonia not Analia.   Dave and I had always intended on using Antonio for a boy, it was his dad's middle name. After some discussion, we are fairly certain that the shop is closed after Annie, so no boys in our future.  Then it hit us that Antonia could just as easily be shortened to Annie and there would be added meaning to her full name.  I like the story behind a name and it's important that her whole name has meaning and it's not something we picked just because we liked it.  So Annie will share the same sentiment as Icie and I with our "sister" names and also carry on a little piece of Dave's dad.   


1 comment:

  1. SERIOUSLY?! I read the title to this post and had to double-check to see who it was from! I'm so excited for you!! I had a midwife for my first pregnancy and I loved her. I would've stayed with her for #2 but our insurance had changed and that practice wasn't an option. I can't wait to see all of you as a family of four! I like the name Antonia - and it's cute as Annie, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.